Thursday, February 6, 2014

The Book Blogger TMI Tag

A fellow blogger suggested I fill out a pass-along questionnaire. She also happens to be my only (current) reader, to the extent of my knowledge. So thank you, Magic Violinist! This will be good practice.

How old are you?
I am sixteen, going on seventeen…
What book are you reading?
Angels & Demons, by Dan Brown. Highly recommended.
What are you wearing?
I can’t tell. It’s too dark and I’m not motivated to get up and move.
OTP? (One True Pairing – favorite fictional relationship)
Sherlock Holmes and John Watson in the BBC series. Priceless (but probably not romantic).
Blogger or Wordpress?
Let’s see… out of the one I’ve used, I would say… the one I’ve used!
Going outside being active or staying in and reading a book?
What’s "outside"?
What is the last book you read?
The Da Vinci Code, by Dan Brown.
What is the book you’re going to read next?
The sequel to The Da Vinci Code, presumably by Dan Brown.
eBooks – yes or no?
That depends. If it’s on an e-ink reader, then yes. No eye-strain and a Chuck Norris battery (I recommend it for your next intergalactic vacation). Otherwise, my eyes just end up throbbing, and that’s no fun.
Where do you prefer to read?
A masculine variation of this would be awesome:
 
Because, you know, it’s important to preserve one’s dignity while reading about vampires… and headboards…
Who is the last person you tweeted?
Well…
Who’s blog did you look at last?
Yours, my only (current) reader!
Who is your favorite Blogger?
I don’t follow many blogs, but I do have a few that I check up on, including DeeJ’s, Andy Dudynsky’s, and that one dude who’s been popular on Facebook lately… is it Matt Walsh?
Who is your favorite booktuber?
Gesundheit!
What do you do when someone tells you reading is boring?

Who is the last author you spoke to?
Brandon Mull, author of the Fablehaven series, Candy Shop War series, and Beyonders series. Whaddayaknow? He’s Mormon too!
Who is the last person you texted?
I faintly remember texting at one point in my life…
Who is your all-time favorite book character?
Probably Ender, from Ender’s Game (see last post). Other than that, I love Severus Snape, Dumbledore, and Robert Langdon. Oh, and Emma Watson – uh, I mean, Hermione… 
UKYA or USYA?
Assuming that “YA” is “Young Adult” and that we are referencing genres, not people, I would have to say USYA. If you’re talking TV, though, definitely UK.
What is your preferred drink whilst reading?
H2O. It slows the progress of the inevitable headache.
If you hated reading, what would you be doing instead?
Programming some rad text-based games, or possibly talking to other human beings.
How many bookshelves/bookcases do you have?
Oh, how I wish I had shelves! How I wish they lined the walls and piled on the floor and hung from the ceiling!
Right now: 0 shelves, 2 crates, 2038495720345345873 piles.
In my future home: A library.
If you had the choice to meet all of your favorite book bloggers or all of your favorite authors, which would you pick? You can only pick one.
Authors, without a doubt.
Insta-love: yes or no?
Nah, too shallow, at least at first. Of course, one thing that I’ve learned is that there are always exceptions. To EVERYTHING. Except gravity. Don’t count on being the exception to gravity.
Favorite author?
Ooh… It’s a three-way tie between J.K. Rowling, Orson Scott Card, and Dan Brown.
Rowling for fantasy, Card for sci-fi, and Brown for brain-boggling weirdness.
What is the number-one book on your wishlist?
Right now? Probably World War Z. I’ve heard that’s a good one.
Do you prefer books with female or male protagonists?
That ain’t what it’s about. I love any book that grabs me by the spinal column and dunks me in a pool of emotion.
Which is your favorite book-to-film adaption?
The Harry Potter movies. And there’s probably others that I can’t remember off the top of my head.
What is the last song you listened to?
“If you’re happy and you know it, clap your hands” *clap, clap*
Which do you enjoy reading more – negative reviews or positive reviews?
Who are you going to tag?
Ummm… *cricket chirps*
My imaginary friend.

4 comments:

  1. Okay, I switched it back. Unfortunately, that deleted all the comments, so you probably wont get this notification either... haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha, that's okay. ;) Works much better now! Thanks!

      Delete
  2. Ooh, is The Da Vinci Code worth reading? It sounds really exciting, maybe I should give it a go.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's CRAZY good. Intricate. Insanely well-researched. Historical.
      Dan Brown is a genius. You should definitely pick it up sometime.

      Delete