Saturday, February 1, 2014

Just a Start


So, I've been suckered into joining the Blogger community. Hope you like me.

It's nice here - there are plenty of buttons and widgets to mess around with, a nice (and slightly confusing) dashboard. It could use a little simplicity - but hey, I'll get the hang of it.

Anyway, on to the important stuff. The why of this blog. Why the heck am I doing this when I could be re-reading Ender's Game? Why do I have a sudden urge to create an account on the site that is so commonly associated with motherhood?

Actually, introducing myself would probably be a more appropriate start, considering you know nothing about me.

My name is Drew. I'm sixteen. Love to write, read, program computers, wear taped glasses, comb my hair over, and get pushed around by jocks.

Okay, fine, the last few are exaggerated. Okay maybe they're not true at all.

But I am most definitely,

positively,

undeniably,

a geek. A proud, flag-raising geek. With glasses.

Here's a picture, just so you have a better idea:

yeah...


I don't pretend to know what my future holds. That would defeat the purpose. I look forward to the adventure that life tends to throw at people, and feel ready to "hardcore-parcour" over any roadblocks in my path.

That being said, if you're here to read about my many high-school adventures, you should probably find another blog. When I do write about the flow of daily life, it will either be because I'm trying to prove a point or because it leads nicely into a completely separate topic.

My focus is on thought. Hence the title of this blog. I take interest in social dynamic and in the nuts and bolts of our world. I love philosophy, contemplating the nature of life, the universe and everything (haven't quite arrived at 42 yet). The things that catch my attention are not what people say, but how they say it and why.

Also, being a writer, I will probably discuss concepts relating to authorship. Just ignore them if they don't satisfy your reader's appetite. No biggie.

And that's all, really. I like to keep things concise when I can. So be off on your merry way, and keep this blog in mind if you're ever hungry. There will be plenty of brain-food to go around.

2 comments:

  1. Excited to see future posts of yours! :) Welcome to the blogging community!

    ReplyDelete